1. The study assessed the following variables:
– Gender, ethnicity and depression, measured at the nominal
– Age and service requests, measured at the ratio level.
2. The Chi Square statistic is commonly used for testing
relationships between categorical variables. It is the most
appropriate statistical tool for this study because the variables
of interest are measured at the nominal level.
3. It appears that the authors did not use a diverse sample for
the study. They focused on participants from two ethnicities only,
within a restricted age range. Furthermore, they only collected
their data from a single family planning clinic.