Provide me latest MCQ Questions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Free … with Answers quickly as it is…
Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Class 10 Geography Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 10 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources with answers
1. Which of the following regions of India contain most of the reserves of coal, metallic minerals, mica and many other non-metallic minerals?
(a) The Himalayas
(b) Alluvial plains of North India
(c) Rock system of peninsula in Rajasthan
(d) Peninsular plateau region
► (d) Peninsular plateau region
2. Which of the following rocks consists of a single mineral?
► (c) Limestone
3. Minerals are deposited and accumulated in strata of which of the following rocks?
(a) Sedimentary rocks
(b) Metamorphic rocks
(c) Igneous rocks
(d) None of the above
► (a) Sedimentary rocks
4. Metals like gold, silver and platinum are known as which of the following?
(a) Ferrous minerals
(b) Non-ferrous minerals
(c) Non-metallic minerals
(d) Precious minerals
► (d) Precious minerals
5. Which of the following is a major metallic mineral obtained from veins and lodes?
► (a) Tin
6. Which of the following minerals is indispensable for electric and electronic industries?
► (d) Mica
7. Which one of the following mineral ores is formed by decomposition of rocks, leaving a residual mass of weathered material?
► (b) Bauxite
8. Which of the following is a non-commercial source of energy widely used in rural areas?
(c) Natural gas
► (b) Firewood
9. Which of the following minerals is an important raw material in the iron and steel industry apart from iron ?
► (d) Manganese
10. Which of the following energy sources are not the conventional sources of energy?
(a) Firewood, cattle dung cake
(b) Atomic energy, biogas, solar energy
(c) Coal, petroleum, natural gas
(d) Hydel and thermal electricity
► (b) Atomic energy, biogas, solar energy
11. India’s reserves and production of which of the following types of minerals is not very satisfactory?
(a) Ferrous Minerals
(b) Non-Ferrous Minerals
(c) Energy Minerals
(d) None of the above
► (b) Non-Ferrous Minerals
12. Koderma in Jharkhand is the leading producer of which one of the following minerals?
(c) Iron ore
► (b) Mica
13. Per capita consumption of which of the following is considered as an index of development?
(d) Atomic minerals
► (a) Electricity
14. Petroleum was first drilled in which of the following oilfields of India ?
(c) Mumbai High
► (b) Digboi
15. Which of the following uses non-renewable fossil fuels for generation of electricity?
(a) Hydro-electricity projects
(b) Thermal power stations
(c) Geothermal energy stations
(d) Nuclear power plants
► (b) Thermal power stations
16. Which of the following energy sources is also termed as mineral oil or crude oil?
(d) Natural gas
► (b) Petroleum
17. Which of the following is not one of the major offshore fields of western India ?
(a) Mumbai High
► (b) Bassien
18. Which one of the following features is not true about copper ?
(a) India is deficient in the reserve and production of copper.
(b) It is malleable, ductile and a good conductor.
(c) It is a ferrous ore.
(d) It is mainly used in electrical cables and electronic goods.
► (c) It is a ferrous ore.
19. Which is correct about Magnetite iron ore ?
(a) Magnetite is the most important industrial iron ore in terms of the quantity used.
(b) Magnetite has the inferior magnetic qualities which is not valuable in the electric industry.
(c) It is the finest iron ore with a very high content of iron up to 70%.
(d) It has a slightly lower iron content than haematite (50-60%).
► (c) It is the finest iron ore with a very high content of iron up to 70%.
20. Which one of the following is not true regarding the importance of manufacturing industries?
(a) They generate jobs in the secondary and tertiary sectors.
(b) Export of manufactured goods brings in forgein exchange.
(c) Manufacturing industries encourage trade and commerce.
(d) The economic strength of a country is measured in terms of the raw material it possesses.
► (d) The economic strength of a country is measured in terms of the raw material it possesses.
21. Which one of the following does not influence the location of industries ?
(a) Availability of raw material and electricity.
(b) Availability of markets and capital.
(c) Availability of raw material and labour.
(d) Availability of educational and medical services.
► (d) Availability of educational and medical services.
22. Which one of the following factors is responsible for the sugar mills to shift and concentrate in the southern and western states of India ?
(a) Sugarcane is bulky raw material.
(b) The sucrose content reduces with distance.
(c) The cane produced has higher sucrose content.
(d) The cooperative are not successful.
► (c) The cane produced has higher sucrose content.
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Minerals and Energy Resources MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.