Mcq Questions For Class 10 Geography Chapter 3 Water Resources With Answers
Provide me latest MCQ Questions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 3 Water Resources Free PDF Download … with Answers quickly as it is…
Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 3 Water Resources Class 10 Geography Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 10 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 10 Geography Chapter 3 Water Resources with answers
1. Which of the following areas would you immediately associate with water scarcity?
(a) Deserts of Rajasthan
(b) The Ganga Plains
(c) Hills of North-Eastern India
(d) Coastal areas of Orissa
► (a) Deserts of Rajasthan
2. Which of the following contributes approximately 22 per cent of the total electricity produced in India today?
(a) Solar power
(b) Hydroelectric power
(d) Geothermal energy
► (b) Hydroelectric power
3. Which of the following problems arises due to water pollution?
(a) Sedimentation of water bodies
(b) Water-borne diseases
(c) Discharge of industrial waste
(d) Spawning of aquatic life
► (b) Water-borne diseases
4. Which of the following is one of the largest artificial lakes of ancient India built in the 11th century?
(a) Govindsagar Lake
(b) Hauz Khas
(c) Bhopal Lake
(d) Dal Lake
► (c) Bhopal Lake
5. Which of the following hydraulic structures is built in river basins?
(d) Water harvesting
► (b) Dams
6. Which of the following hydraulic structures was constructed by Iltutmish in the 14th century for supplying water to Siri Fort area?
(a) Water harvesting at Sringaverapura near Allahabad
(b) Bhopal Lake
(c) Tank in Hauz Khas, Delhi
(d) Irrigation work at Nagarjunakonda
► (c) Tank in Hauz Khas, Delhi
7. For which of the following purposes were dams traditionally built?
(a) For generating electricity
(b) For supplying water to industries
(c) For flood control
(d) To impound river and rain water for irrigation
► (d) To impound river and rain water for irrigation
8. On which of the following rivers is the Hirakud dam constructed?
► (c) Mahanadi
9. Which of the following state governments have raised the Krishna-Godavari dispute?
(a) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
(b) Gujarat and Rajasthan
(c) Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
(d) Karnataka and Maharashtra
► (a) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
10. On which of the following issues did the Narmada Bachao Andolan first focus?
(a) Benefits of irrigation to landless farmers
(b) Environmental issues related to submergence of trees under the dam water
(c) Rehabilitation of the people displaced due to construction of the dam
(d) Economic issues of wastage of money for the construction of the dam
► (b) Environmental issues related to submergence of trees under the dam water
11. Which of the following dams are part of Chambal Project?
(a) Maithon, Panchet, Tilaiya, Konar, Bokaro
(b) Pravara, Ramagundam
(c) Rana Pratap Sagar, Gandhi Sagar
(d) Sardar Sarovar Dam
► (c) Rana Pratap Sagar, Gandhi Sagar
12. Which of the following river projects or groups of river projects provide hydroelectricity to the industries of Maharasthra?
(a) Pravara Project and Koyna Project
(b) Hirakud Project
(c) Nagarjuna Sagar Project and Tungabhadra Project
(d) Ghatprabha Project and Mettur Project
► (a) Pravara Project and Koyna Project
13. In which of the following areas are ‘guls’ and ‘kuls’ used to channel water for agriculture?
(a) Deccan Plateau
(b) Deserts of Rajasthan
(c) Western Himalayas
(d) Ganga Plains
► (c) Western Himalayas
14. Which of the following structures are known as ‘tankas’?
(a) Underground tanks for storing rainwater harvested from roof tops for drinking purpose
(b) Tanks constructed on rooftops for storing rainwater
(c) Tanks constructed in agricultural fields to store rainwater
(d) Tanks constructed to store floodwater
► (a) Underground tanks for storing rainwater harvested from roof tops for drinking purpose
15. Who among the following proclaimed dams as the temple of modern India?
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Sardar Patel
(d) Mahtama Gandhi
► (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
16. In which of the following states is the bamboo-drip irrigation system prevalent?
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
► (d) Meghalaya
17. Which one of the following is not an adverse effect of dams?
(a) Interstate water disputes
(b) Excessive sedimentation of Reservoir
(c) Displacement of population
(d) Flood control
► (d) Flood control
18. Which of the following rivers is not having any multipurpose river project?
► (d) Yamuna
19. Which of the following is not a method of water haresting used in Rajasthan?
► (c) Guls
20. On which one of the following rivers Mettur dam is constructed?
(a) River Kaveri
(b) River Krishna
(c) River Godavari
(d) River Mahanadi
► (a) River Kaveri
21. In which of the following regions, people built ‘Guls’ and ‘Kuls’ for irrigation?
(a) Northern Plains
(b) Western Himalayas
(c) Coastal areas
(d) None of these
► (b) Western Himalayas
22. Salal Dam is built on which river?
► (a) Chenab
23. Tanka, a rainwater harvesting technique, is associated with which of the following states?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(b) West Himalayas
► (d) Rajasthan
24. Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is built on which river?
► (c) Krishna
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Water Resources MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.