Differentiate between natural reflex and conditioned reflex. Give examples to illustrate your answer.
Natural reflex: It is one in which no previous experience or learning is required. These reflexes are inborn i.e. inherited from the parents.
- Blinking, coughing, sneezing as these are protective reflexes
- Salivation, swallowing, peristalsis as it provides functional efficiency.
- Dilation of the eyes pupil to look in the dark and vice versa. It is muscular movement.
- Pushing along of swallowed food through the food canal. It is muscular movement.
Conditioned Reflex: It is one which develops during lifetime due to experience or learning.
- Watering of mouth (Salvination) at the sight of a tasty food.
- Surfing the channels while watching the television.
- Typing of a keyboard of a computer.
- Playing a musical instrument.